Monday, August 16, 2010

out with the old...


So, for the past month or so I've been helping my dad pack-up his house that he's had for 19 years, to help him move into a new apartment.  This past week I was there everyday except Monday.  I don't think I realized how much crap (lol) my dad had accumulated in all those years until I started packing.  It was hard to leave the house that I grew up in for 15 years.  Zeya had a hard time, too.  She went around saying "good-bye" to each of the rooms, the backyard, front yard, even the fans...lol.  When I first found out he was moving, I was a little sad at the thought.  As I packed his stuff up, I never really thought about it.  And now that yesterday we took the last of the items out and had the place clean, I realized it was harder on me than I had expected.  He gave the keys away this morning.  I will miss our home.  All the memories we had there.  Most of them good, with a few really bad ones.  I'm sad knowing I will never be in that house again.  But, his new place will be good for him.  When I finish unpacking all his stuff there, I will have to post another blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment