Monday, August 09, 2010

starting out

So I've really enjoyed reading Jen's posts about her adventures with Ryan.  And I love following my cousin-in-law's photography posts as well.  I just figured maybe I'd start a blog, too.  This summer has been an interesting one.  We got in a car wreck a few days after Zeya started her summer break and a week before we were suppose to go camping.  Had to take a rental van (so embarrassing!!) camping.  The car ended up getting totaled.  We were super bummed.  Bought a new car from my dad.  We're pretty happy about it, but we still miss the Sequoia.
Camping was great.  I had a really hard time doing long hikes since I hurt my hips and back in the wreck, but we managed.  Saw a few bears and deer.  We were really happy that we got the same exact camp site as last year.  It's so beautiful.  The site is far back from the entrance and there is a river that runs right next to it.  There was still some snow on the ground in some places.  Zeya had a nice time throwing some snowballs at Paul.

Then came the 4th of July.  We had neighborhood pizza and firework party.  We had a great time and stayed up till around 1am.  The next day was a big shock to me.  I had received a text from one of my cousins letting me know that our cousin had been murdered during the night.  It was a hard thing for my family.  My cousin's name is Thaddeus.  His dad and my mom were brother and sister.  It's not often that one family has to deal with 2 murders that are unrelated.  I guess having to deal with my mom's murder has helped me to help my aunt, uncle, and cousin deal with their loss.  Having to deal with it all over again does bring up memories of what I went through with my mom.  I am blessed now to have a great husband to help me through.

For the past month I have been going to physical therapy for my hips and back, and I'm happy to say that I am doing much better!  Last week we had a nice family get together at Wild Water.  It was nice to see some of my cousins, aunts, uncle, and grandma.  My dad, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephews were able to go, too.
And now there are only 2 more weeks left of summer.  I was hoping we'd get a beach trip in, but it doesn't look like we'll be getting one in. 

1 comment:

  1. What an adventurous summer! I'm glad you started a blog, Ryan and Paul don't talk enough to keep us updated on your life, now I can "blog-stalk" you! Have a great rest of the summer and keep up the posts!

    ReplyDelete